Monday, January 30, 2012

Tot School: Winter Sensory Bin

G is 22 Months

We took a break from tot school this week. Intentionally. I needed to gather my thoughts and wrap my head around somethings. I'll probably share more about where I think we're headed with tot school later this week. But having a 'free' week was super nice, and I think I'll be extending it into this week. Last week was to gather my thoughts, this week is to start acting on them. We'll see where it goes from there.

For our post this week I'm just going to share our winter sensory bin, which we've had out all month. I just haven't gotten around to adding it to any posts. Considering we'll be switching it in February...I figured this was as good a time as any to share.

Showing me an 'ice block'.


Our bin was pretty sparse. I was lucky enough to hit Hobby Lobby *right* after the holidays and grabbed some holiday craft supplies, on major clearance, that would work with a winter theme. But that is where my luck ended. Considering we're in the south, within days of 2012 beginning all I could find was Valentine's Day, Mardi Gras and Easter (yes, Easter!).



But that just means that the sensory bin for those themes will be awesome, cause I've had lots of time to prepare & stock up.


Despite how few things were in this bin, G had lots of fun with it.


Especially sorting out all the pieces.



This post was shared with 1+1+1=1


No comments:

Post a Comment