Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tot School: Red Week Continues!

This is our 2nd week of Tot School. G is almost 17 months old. (on Wednesday!)

Completely irrelevant to what we did this week, I am so glad that I chose to do colors first. With our busy-ness of moving, camping next weekend & going out of town Labor Day weekend this is such an easy "subject" to do on the go!

I dyed some pasta red.



G has had fun scooping the pasta out, pouring it into containers, dumping it back into the big bowl (or even on the floor). This has been a life saver during dinner prep too!



I know it looks like a measly amount, but just keep tuning in. I'm sure you'll be able to figure out what I'm doing after not too long.


We also finger painted. Homemade finger paint even. (Water+flour+food coloring = finger paint!)



It's edible too, just ask G, she tried it!



And very easy to clean up.



Even if you forget that some got on the edge of the high chair & it dried before you could wipe it off.

We continued to play with the red basket. During our last play time she liked to take everything out of the basket one by one, hold it up and wait for me to say "Red Block...Red Duplo...Red Elmo"

There are also some You Tube videos that we watch.
Only one or two a day, but she enjoys them a lot. To the point that she's asking to watch them A LOT. I don't need a You Tube addict on my hands, so I'll have to nip that in the butt.

We've been mostly watching these phonics, numbers & colors videos. I can even sing the butterfly color song now, all by myself. (Even at work, with no toddler in sight!)

My favorite right now is the 10 Little Numbers video. G has started counting along with it. In my opinion, there is nothing cuter than a beginner talker saying "phree".



This post was shared with 1+1+1=1

No comments:

Post a Comment